- .00 Leah Ferrazzani – While ruminating on this idea I had another kid. And one day while I was on maternity leave with her, I came downstairs and I told my husband, “I thought I’d start a dry pasta business. I still can’t find what I want.” And he said, “What do you know about making and drying pasta?” I said, “Absolutely nothing.” He said, “Oh, that sounds like a good idea. You should do that then.” And here I am almost seven years later.
- :34 Welcome, we discuss all things in your business to help you survive, thrive, have more fun, and become successful faster. We are here to give you the insights you need.
- Advice from others outside your business can make a significant difference
- Here at The Oval Table, we believe every voice matters and we want to model how that works. Often the advice that makes the difference comes from where you least expect it.
- 1:17 Host Introductions
- 1:23 Show Content Outline
- 1:47 Competitive Strengths for Small Business
- Product and price as a strategy
- Three overall strategies
- Lowest price – commodity business
- Premium product, premium price – best quality
- Best Value – The middle ground
- A business can compete using multiple strategies
- The product offering needs to relate to the needs and desires of the customer
- 6:34 The We Are Alpha Dogs Resource
- 7:05 Interview – Leah Ferrazzani – The Pasta Queen
- Why pasta?
- It is all about the palate
- Our connection is to making pasta for people
- It's all about building your brand – not about making things cheaper, but better
- We make food for people that allows them to connect with the people in their lives
- My business is an act of service to others
- My innovation is about going older and older school
- We focus on creating a business environment that is fun to be a part of
- 31:26 Oval Table for Top Dogs
- 31:58 Post Interview Discussion
- We are speaking to owners, managers, and employees of small businesses
- And to those who feel trapped in a large business urning to be free
- We feel this is a special time in our country’s history which requires you to step forward
- Make your business successful
- Bring everyone with you
- Applying the 7 Criteria to Semolina Pasta
- It is time to make your business happen
- 44:06 Show Credits
- 44:31 We Hope you have a productive and inspirational week!
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES TO HELP YOU BUILD YOUR BUSINESS
If you want to build your business one of the best ways is to empower your people and yourself to think differently. We recommend you look at these resources:
We Are Alpha Dogs – How Seven Dogs Become Business Legends
The book is available on Amazon and directly from us. Also available in bulk.
Also available on Audible
Take the profile quiz and understand yourself more
Our purpose is to help the closely held, not always small, business do well. We will all do better if we group together and make our voices heard. That is what we are about. You can help all of us by telling others about our site and encouraging them to listen weekly. It is easy, just send them this link: www.TheOvalTable.com
If you have a question about your business,
Want to hear our thoughts on something,
Need a speaker for your event,
Want us to cover a topic of interest to you,
The process is simple. Just contact us at www.TheOvalTable.com